Thursday, 10 October 2013

Fitting Hobbies into your Crazy Busy Life

This is my first entry on this new blog! First off, I am not an expert blogger and I’m not going to pretend that I can get a million followers by next week. BUT I love to share ideas and receive ideas too! I am going to write posts with ideas that work for me and I hope you will find some helpful tips. I also hope you are able to launch your own ideas that work in your own life. Please share them with me!!

Today I am going to write some ideas on fitting hobbies into your crazy busy life.

Try Everything Once
Just because I have homemade Strawberry Rhubarb jam in my fridge doesn’t mean I am a canning expert! I love to try new things. I may never become an expert in one field but I get joy from new experiences. I have dabbled in taupe painting, scrapbooking, gardening, canning, blogging, singing among other things. I have enjoyed them all but after a while I like to try something new. If you’re like me, don’t feel bad about not having an expert field! Don’t feel bad about not having the time to perfect a certain hobby. There’s nothing wrong with trying new hobbies as long as you don’t quit with a bad attitude.


Motivation(less!)
Some ideas of great motivation helpers/energy boosters:
         Coffee!
         Orange Peko tea (has caffeine)  
         Music! Canning goes faster while dancing to Katty 
                                        Perry’s Roar
         Stretch to get your blood flowing & heart going
         A glass of cold water will give you a boost
         If you're iron is low talk to your doctor about Proferrin                                   (over the counter Iron Supplements)  
  

First Pick What You’d Rather Do
I am a do-er; a hands on kinda girl. What worked for me was getting rid of cable, saving myself $1000 a year and I use my free time for projects. Don’t get me wrong, I still have favourite shows online for those lazy nights. Mmmm Simon Baker 



and who doesn’t enjoy a weekly dose of Cam and Barney?        

However, something has to give. You can’t do it all! So you’ll have to take a look at your schedule and decide what has to go. Why not choose the next couple of weeks for one new project. Try giving up something else in it’s place and see how it goes! No one is making you sign a contract to this…just give it a try ;)




What Free Time!?!?
You have to intentionally create it. Sometimes I leave the dishes pile up while I blog…
The bible says, "You shall not covet your neighbour's house". And I say, “For thou may not have it all together but neither does she”!


Personal Time
Do you like to finish a book the day you start it? If so, that's great that you found  hobby that you like to focus on. If you're more like me, it could take it months to finish a book. I would rather use one day to read a few chapters and the next day use my free time to blog or check out Facebook. The next day I might try yoga. 


Simplify The Cool Ideas
If you have time and creativity go here for some cool toddler sensory bag ideas. If you love looking at others' blog but like me lack time, resources and skills, try simplifying ideas. Don't get overwhelmed with amazing mother blogs. You can do your own version. Here are some sensory bags that I created after pulling random things from my cupboard. The soft one is hair gel died with food colouring. The hard one looks gross but young kids don't care. It's filled with sprinkles, pretzels, old walnuts, etc. To seal the bags: I couldn't find duct tape but I found electrical tape. It works too! 








Devote Your Time to God

Psalm 1 says:
       "That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither - whatever they do prospers". 
In other words, if you prioritize God in your life and take care of your family and yourself in your (intentional) free time, you will prosper. It doesn't mean you will be a gold medal runner or have Company's Coming looking for your recipes but overall you will be a happy, successful person. 




More to come but that’s it for today. Please share your thought/ideas/comments below or email stephaniedemoran@gmail.com


Mucho amor,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment